Budget 2023 was officially announced last Friday by the Minister of Finance, Tengku Zafrul, with an allocation of RM372.3 billion, the biggest budget ever tabled yet. However, nothing really stands out, so how will Budget 2023 be better than Budget 2022? On this special edition episode of Let’s Talk About, Amin and Alex share some key takeaways from Budget 2023.
Let’s Talk About is also a podcast. Listen here or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Budget 2023: B40 no longer need to pay for taxi, bus and eHailing licence, B2 motorcycle test
- Budget 2023: RM8 billion to achieve 100% internet coverage in populated areas by 2025
- Budget 2023: TNB to spend RM165mil for EV charging and solar; Gentari to install 500 chargers
- Budget 2023: TNB given RM25 million to bring high speed broadband to 60,000 rural Malaysians
- Budget 2023: DNB to spend RM1.3 billion to achieve 70% 5G population coverage
- Budget 2023: CBU EVs to continue being tax free until 31 Dec 2024
- Budget 2023: Malaysia allocates RM73 million to tackle cybersecurity threats, improve cyberforensic system capabilities
- Budget 2023: Up to RM200 eWallet credit for Youths and M40 groups under ePemula program
- Budget 2023: Pakej Remaja Keluarga Malaysia data plan extended until April 2023