Malaysians will soon get another limited edition of the already hard-to-find Enhanced Touch ‘n Go card, coinciding with the upcoming introduction of the Honor 70 in a new Icelandic Frost colourway. Launched in August, the midrange smartphone will be offered in a blue-pink gradient, joining the existing Crystal Silver, Emerald Green and Midnight Black options.
As for the TNG card, it will come with a matching hue, together with the Honor branding and a massive “70” script. It should be noted that the regular Enhanced card already comes in a blue-pink gradient, so it’s not a massive departure.
Honor has yet to reveal availability details of the new colour option—which is already offered in certain markets like India—or the limited edition Enhanced TNG card, although it did tell users on Facebook to stay tuned for an announcement on October 25. It also has not confirmed whether the card will be bundled with the phone for free or sold separately.
To recap, the Honor 70 is priced at RM1,999 with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It comes with decent specs for the money—a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ processor, a 6.67-inch Full HD+ display, an adaptive 120Hz refresh rate, a 54MP main camera, a 50MP ultra wide, a 2MP depth sensor and a 32MP selfie shooter. Other bits include a 5,000mAh battery, 66W of fast charging and 5G, WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity.
Of course, the Honor 70 also comes with NFC, meaning that you’ll be able to reload the Enhanced TNG card using only your phone. Hopefully scalpers don’t see this as yet another opportunity to resell limited edition Enhanced cards at exorbitant prices, but we’re not holding our breath.
- Honor 70 Malaysia: Everything you need to know
- Honor 70, Pad 8 and MagicBook 14 Malaysia: A round-up of the prices and specs
- KPDNHEP finally takes action against Enhanced TNG NFC card scalpers
- How to avoid unexpected charges on your TNG RFID | Touch n Go myths BUSTED | DWIBAHASA
- Touch ‘n Go is now selling its Enhanced TNG NFC card on Lazada
- Enhanced Touch ‘n Go cards with NFC are selling as high as RM69 on Shopee
- Finally, Touch ‘n Go enables TNG NFC card reload via smartphone
- Enhanced TNG Card with NFC: Should you bother upgrading to this new card?