[ UPDATE 24/12/2021 11:00 ] Affected Unifi customers can replace their equipment for free with no contract extension.
Telekom Malaysia (TM) has announced that its offering free Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) replacements that are damaged by floods. This is aimed at reducing the burden of Unifi customers who are affected by floods in several states.
To request a broadband termination unit and wireless router replacement, affected customers can call the Unifi hotline at 100 or reach out to them via Live Chat. It isn’t clear if customers taking up the offer will have their contracts extended and we’ve reached out to TM for further information. We will update this post once we receive more details.
Unifi customers residing in several areas in Pahang and Selangor are also facing service disruption due to the floods. The weather disaster has affected voice calls, Unifi fibre broadband, Streamyx, and also Unifi Mobile services in badly hit areas. Restoration is still in progress and you can check the latest status on the #UnifiAlerts website.
[ SOURCE ]
- Samsung offers free cleaning and free labour costs to repair products damaged by floods
- Floods: High-powered drones to be deployed in hard to reach areas to deliver aid
- Tim Cook: Apple will contribute to disaster relief efforts in Malaysia and the Philippines
- SMART tunnel sets new record after diverting 5 mil cubic metres of water
- GSC and TGV Cinemas offer movie ticket refunds for customers affected by floods