• 中文版
  • BM
  • News
  • Deals
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Tech
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • Tune Talk
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Cars
  • Contribute
  • Jobs
Menu
  • 中文版
  • BM
  • News
  • Deals
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Tech
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • Tune Talk
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Cars
  • Contribute
  • Jobs
Search
  • Tech
    • News
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Buyer’s Guide
  • Opinions
  • Digital Life
  • Video
  • Deals
  • How-To
  • Cars
  • Bahasa Melayu
  • EV
  • Contribute
  • Advertise
Menu
  • Tech
    • News
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Buyer’s Guide
  • Opinions
  • Digital Life
  • Video
  • Deals
  • How-To
  • Cars
  • Bahasa Melayu
  • EV
  • Contribute
  • Advertise
Search
Close
Home Digital Life

Nintendo: NNID hack affected more accounts than previously thought

  • BY Dzamira Dzafri
  • 10 June 2020
  • 3:48 pm
  • Comment
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

I previously wrote about how there had been a breach of unauthorised third-party logins on several Nintendo accounts, where their payment details have been used to purchase digital items from Nintendo’s eShop. It seems like the hack was worse than what Nintendo initially stated.

Nintendo previously said in April that 160,000 accounts were broken into, and that login IDs and passwords had been obtained illegally. There were also a lot of Tweets that mentioned the ‘hackers’ used the stolen money for the game ‘Fortnite’.

Now, Nintendo revealed that 300,000 Nintendo Network ID (NNID) accounts were broken into—140,000 more accounts affected than previously thought. Nintendo also says that accounts may have been broken into if users had the same password on both their NNID and Nintendo account.

In response to the breach, Nintendo eliminated the option for Switch owners to log into their Nintendo account via NNID. The company is also encouraging all Switch owners to enable two-step verification to secure their accounts, and the 300,000 accounts affected by the hacking attempts will receive password resets via email.

I’ve already written a detailed how-to regarding the two-step verification, which you can read here. However, the short story is that you can enable the two-step verification by going to the Nintendo Account site and find the option there after you’ve signed in. You can see what it will look like in the screen shot above.

“We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and concern to our customers and related parties,” Nintendo said in a statement. “In the future, we will strive to further strengthen security and ensure safety so that similar events do not occur.”

[ SOURCE, 2 ]

Related reading

Hacked Nintendo Switch accounts were used to buy items in Fortnite
Tags: NintendoNintendo SwitchNNID
Dzamira Dzafri

Dzamira Dzafri

POPULAR

Nintendo: NNID hack affected more accounts than previously thought

June 10, 2020
Rear view of the OPPO Find X9 Ultra in Tundra Umber standing vertically on a stone surface with a lush green bokeh background. The device features an eco-friendly vegan leather back with a classic stitching design , vertically oriented Hasselblad and OPPO logos , and a large circular Master Lens camera module with a bronze-toned knurled ring.

Clearing Every Expectation: How the OPPO Find X9 Ultra Redefines the Modern Flagship Experience

April 16, 2026

SoyaCincau x Dongfeng Pop Up EV Clinic: Track Edition 2026: Chase a podium or cruise with friends; we’re opening the grid to everyone

May 13, 2026

Volvo EX30 owners affected by recall told not to charge above 70% following two fire incidents in Thailand

May 19, 2026
BYD Inokom Visit - May 2026

BYD is here to stay in Malaysia: CKD with Sime Motors set to happen soon?

May 18, 2026

Sarawak’s Batang Lupar 1 Bridge: Malaysia’s longest river-crossing bridge opens today

May 21, 2026

Copyright © 2025 · SoyaCincau.com
Mind Blow Sdn Bhd (1076827-P)

  • ADVERTISE
  • DISCLAIMER

Copyright © 2026 · SoyaCincau.com – Mind Blow Sdn Bhd (1076827-P)

  • ADVERTISE
  • DISCLAIMER