[ UPDATE 24/02/2023 14:30 ] You can’t get the free Galaxy Watch 5 offer if you purchase the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra with the Buy 1 Free 1 trade-up offer.
Samsung Malaysia is offering lots of freebies when the Galaxy S23 series goes on sale tomorrow. Initially giving buyers a free Watch 5 (40mm) with every purchase, the company is now providing a different offer for those who are upgrading from an older Ultra model to a new S23 Ultra.
From February 24 until March 31, you’ll be able to trade in a Note 20 Ultra, S21 Ultra or S22 Ultra (the S20 Ultra is excluded from this promo) for a regular S23, on top of paying full retail price for an S23 Ultra. For reasons unbeknownst to us, this offer is only applicable to those who are buying the S23 Ultra with 256GB of storage (priced at RM5,699); the 512GB and 1TB models are ineligible.
Unless you hand in an S22 Ultra, you’ll still need to top up some cash to get that base S23 with 128GB of storage. The amount you’ll have to pay is as follows:
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – FREE
- Galaxy S21 Ultra – RM199
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – RM399
Of course, there are some caveats to this deal, chief among which being that your old Ultra cannot have a cracked front or back glass or have a malfunction (including a non-working screen). You’ll also need to remove any locking methods (passcodes, unlock patterns, fingerprints or facial recognition) before handing the device in.
Customers will be able to trade in their phones at all Samsung Experience Stores (SES), Best Denki at 1 Utama, Urban Republic at Gurney Plaza in Penang, and SenQ stores at Aeon Terbau City, Johor and Vivacity Megamall, Sarawak.
This seems like a good deal for anyone not planning on using their older Ultra phones, although we can’t think of many people who would take up that offer for their S22 Ultra. The base S23 would likely give you a higher resale value if you intend to sell it, and if you’re looking to pass it to a loved one, they’ll be able to enjoy four years of major Android updates. Want to know what the S23 Ultra is like to use? Check out our review below.
- Samsung Galaxy S23 gets first software update before it even goes on sale in Malaysia
- Malaysians can collect their Samsung Galaxy S23 series pre-orders from 17 February onwards
- Samsung Galaxy S23 has a bypass charging feature which is great for gaming. Here’s how to use it
- Even Elon Musk is amazed at what the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra can do
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: Here are all the features of the insane 200MP main camera
- Samsung Galaxy S23 series Malaysia first impressions: Ultra focused
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Malaysia: 10 things you need to know
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Malaysia: Here’s the official price and pre-order promo
- Samsung Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+: Custom Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, bigger batteries
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: A 200MP camera, custom Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 and Gorilla Glass Victus 2