The Samsung Galaxy S23 series hasn’t even properly gone on sale in Malaysia yet and already it’s getting its first software update. Essentially a day-one patch, firmware number S91xBXXU1AWBD is being pushed out here to those who have received their pre-orders, along with those in Indonesia and India, according to SamMobile. Those in Europe have apparently already received the update earlier this week.
The release notes are incredibly vague, only saying that a software update may improve stability, fix bugs, add new or enhanced features and improve performance. Samsung’s suite of
bloatware built-in apps may also be updated alongside the firmware, it says. The update weighs in at over 500MB, so you can expect plenty of minor improvements to be made this round, with users already claiming improvements to camera speed and general performance.
While deliveries kicked off on February 17, you can still pre-order your S23 until tomorrow. Perks include a double storage upgrade worth RM500, a RM400 eVoucher, up to 30% off on PWP offers for Samsung accessories, Samsung Care+, Galaxy Tablets, Watch and Buds, as well as trade-in specials with an additional RM600 rebate.
Even if you miss out on the pre-order freebies, you’ll still be able to a receive a free Galaxy Watch 5 (40mm) worth RM1,099, as part of a launch promotion. We’ve just reviewed the S23 Ultra, and you can watch it here:
- Get a free Galaxy Watch 5 when you buy a Galaxy S23 series device from Samsung Malaysia
- Malaysians can collect their Samsung Galaxy S23 series pre-orders from 17 February onwards
- Samsung Galaxy S23 has a bypass charging feature which is great for gaming. Here’s how to use it
- Even Elon Musk is amazed at what the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra can do
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: Here are all the features of the insane 200MP main camera
- Samsung Galaxy S23 series Malaysia first impressions: Ultra focused
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Malaysia: 10 things you need to know
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Malaysia: Here’s the official price and pre-order promo
- Samsung Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+: Custom Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, bigger batteries
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra: A 200MP camera, custom Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 and Gorilla Glass Victus 2