The SoyaCincau team is on a mission to create something great and we are on the lookout for new people to join the team.
The team at SoyaCincau.com is diverse, inclusive, transparent and vibrant. We’re looking for candidates with great interpersonal and communication skills who can work well with all kinds of people to take the organisation to the next level. People with great organisational skills, superior attention to detail, and punctuality will excel in the roles.
Candidates with an inquisitive, curious and informed mindset are invited to apply for the following vacancies:
Videographer and Editor
You will be working very closely with the SoyaCincau.com content and social media team to produce quality videos for online and social media.
You will be assisting in content ideation, production planning, shooting and video editing. You will have plenty of room to let your creativity flourish while exploring new ideas as you develop your career as a content creator in this exciting industry.
- Lead end-to-end video production process (storyboarding, timeline planning)
- Assist with video shoots
- Edit video and post-production work
- Assist with setting up studio for shoots
- Assist to prepare and setup for live stream events
- Contribute ideas/concept for video production
- Degree in Creative Communication, Social Media Management, Advertising Marketing or related
- Strong interest in technology products, consumer tech, automotive and beyond
- Experience in motion graphics
- Familiar with Sony camera systems
- Expert in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant software
- Strong copy and content writing skills
- Familiar with social media content creation tools like CapCut, Later etc.
Social Media Manager
You will manage social media assets under the SoyaCincau.com and RKMD brands. You will be tasked to lead and develop social media content strategy and plans to expand and grow the viewership and visibility of the SoyaCincau and RKMD brands. You will be working very closely with the content and video team to develop these plans. Those who are analytical and creative will excel in this role.
- Develop, plan and execute social media content strat
- Regularly monitor and measure social media content performance
- Prepare social media report, provide insights and recommendations for improvement
- Engage with our social media audience in a fun, unique and informative way
- Continuously evolve the brand’s social media approach to stay ahead of the curve
- Keep up with the current trends and best practices in the social media content space
- At least 3 years’ experience managing social media accounts, copywriting or similar role
- Degree in Communications, Advertising or similar
- Strong and able to execute graphics design for social media content
- Strong in copywriting
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms especially TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- In-depth knowledge in social media publishing tools like Later and CapCut
Tech Writer (Bahasa Melayu)
Cover the latest development in technology and its impact on modern lives. They are expected to deliver detailed, well-researched news, reports, and analysis on the matter. A part of their responsibilities will be driving audience growth and exploring other content avenues related to technology and beyond.
- Develop your area of speciality in technology story reporting with coverage from news to larger reports and analysis. Daily news writing is a must
- Working across our teams to find stories at the intersection of technology and culture
- Establish your area of speciality and lead conversations: become the go-to reporter for your beat
- Proactively pitch news and analysis, and help vet stories
- Hold our content to a high standard of quality, creativity and integrity
- Strong knowledge of the technology landscape (consumer tech, industrial tech, automotive, fintech, applications and beyond)
- 3+ years of journalism experience, particularly in reviewing and recommending consumer technology products
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to identify compelling angles and develop them effectively
- Strong knowledge in SEO best practices and strategy
- Flex-Hybrid working environment
- Competitive remuneration
- RM100 monthly travel allowance
- Up to RM700 grooming allowance
- Parking allocation
- Above industry average leave days
- Medical coverage
- Annual increment + bonus
Send your resume to us!
If you’re up for the challenge, please send your resume to us [@] mindblow.my. These positions are based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
SoyaCincau.com was established in 2008 and it is currently available in 3 languages – English, Malay and Chinese. We are on a mission to cultivate an inquisitive, curious and informed society, and we are building a team of responsible content creators. Besides reporting news on smartphones and telco plans, we also cover other areas of science and technology as well as policies that bring significant impact to society.