Besides offering walk-in vaccinations in the Klang Valley, the COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force has announced today that it has extended walk-in vaccinations to more states throughout Malaysia.
According to the official statement, walk-ins at public vaccination centres will be extended nationwide and the initiatives have already started for selected groups in the states of Perak, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Sabah, Melaka, and Sarawak. Kelantan is also offering walk-in vaccinations through pre-booking.
The walk-in vaccinations will be offered only for the following groups:
- Senior citizens (60 years old and above)
- People with disabilities (OKU)
- Individuals with comorbidities (18 years old and above)
- Individuals who missed their 2nd dose appointment – They can go to their nearest PPV but they must receive the same type of vaccine as their first dose. If the required vaccine is not available, they will be referred to another PPV.
- Teachers, executives and contract support staff under the Ministry of Education
However, the CITF has not yet provided a list of vaccination centres (PPV) offering walk-ins for the above-mentioned states. The statement added that more details will be announced by the respective COVID-19 immunisation committees of each state including the daily quota and schedule for walk-in.
As announced today, walk-ins vaccinations in the Klang Valley can operate according to the respective PPV’s operating hours. Prior to this, the PPVs can only offer walk-ins from 2PM onward.
[ SOURCE ]