To have more choices when looking to ‘buka puasa’ while still respecting the Movement Control Order, Touch ‘n Go eWallet kickstarted Ramadan 184.108.40.206, a play to the year 2020, and their first Ramadan Sempoi in 2019. They’re collaborating with food delivery companies, offering cashback e-vouchers, and provided a directory listing Ramadhan vendors in Malaysia.
“During this Ramadan period, we recognise that our Muslims friends will be observing the fasting month in an entirely different manner. That is why, embarking on this joint effort with our delivery partners will help in alleviating users’ stress by providing them additional avenues to order and get their food delivered on time to ‘buka puasa’,” said Ignatius Ong, CEO of TNG Digital.
“The key differentiator of this campaign is having various food delivery services come together to deliver to the ‘rakyat’ their favourite delicacies so that no one has to miss their annual Ramadan must-have ‘juadah’,” he continues.
Touch ‘n Go eWallet is working with StoreHub’s food delivery site, Beepit.com to feature restaurants using their food delivery platform. Through Beep, Touch ‘n Go eWallet users can get RM3 cashback with a minimum purchase of RM20 from 23rd April to 8th May. You can start ordering on your desktop. If you’re using a phone, you can still access it with your browser.
Touch ‘n Go eWallet users can also take advantage of these promotions:
- DeliverEat – Exclusive to those in Penang & Klang Valley, they are offering a RM5 discount with a Touch ‘n Go eWallet promo code with a minimum spend of RM10, beginning from 24 April until 23 May.
- Hungry – The promotion is available all-year round and across every state, beginning from 1st March until 31st December. Users are entitled to a RM6 discount with a minimum spend of RM25. However, this promo is capped at the first 7,000 redemptions for every calendar month.
- Wonderfly – Wonderfly offers RM3 cashback with a minimum spend of RM30. The promotion is valid from 27th April until 20th May.
- Go Eat – Starting 1st May until 23rd May, you can enjoy two free deliveries with a minimum purchase order of RM10 with Touch ‘n Go eWallet’s ‘Scan’ function upon food delivery. Enter GOTNGEWALLET promo code at the checkout page of the Go Eat app. The max redemption is once daily and 2 times throughout the campaign period, and capped at 10,000 redemptions.
- MBPJ x Go Eat – Coming soon, you can get two times of RM3 cashback with a minimum spend of RM5 with Touch ‘n Go eWallet when utilising the ‘Scan’ function upon food delivery by Go Eat app. The max redemption is once daily and 2 times throughout the campaign period, and capped at 60,000 redemptions.
The promos aren’t really apparent if you fire up the Touch ‘n Go app, though. You’ll need to swipe through the promotions section where you’ll find each promotion separately. You also won’t be able to order anything through their app, but rather you’ll be taken to their partners’ apps or websites. Still, you’ll be getting access to promo codes and deals that you wouldn’t get elsewhere.
However, Touch ‘n Go eWallet provides an easy to access directory of food, categorised in States, Food Category and Shop Name/Food Name. You’ll still be directed to the individual shop’s Facebook page or website if you press ‘Order Now’. The directory is also accessible on the desktop, or the browser on your phone by choosing the ‘Iftar with Ease’ promotion on the Touch ‘n Go eWallet app.
Besides the promotions, users are also rewarded with weekly Cashback e-Vouchers through Touch ‘n Go eWallet’s My Reward with every transaction made throughout Ramadhan and Raya.
“In addition, we will be enabling zakat payments with Zakat Selangor in May 2020. Direct donations to NGOs continue to be easy this Ramadan with the QR scan feature. We are thrilled that through the generosity of our users since the start of MCO, over RM300,000 has been raised,” continues Ignatius Ong.
The press release also mentioned that users will also have 24-hour access to the Touch ‘n Go eWallet’s information hub including info on ‘buka puasa’ and ‘imsak’ times, donations, promotions, recipes, fitness, and tips. Though, as of now, I don’t seem to have any access to the extra information through the app or the website.
[ IMAGE SOURCE ]