• 中文版
  • BM
  • News
  • Deals
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Tech
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • Tune Talk
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Cars
  • Contribute
  • Jobs
Menu
  • 中文版
  • BM
  • News
  • Deals
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Tech
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • Tune Talk
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Cars
  • Contribute
  • Jobs
Search
  • Tech
    • News
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Buyer’s Guide
  • Opinions
  • Digital Life
  • Video
  • Deals
  • How-To
  • Cars
  • Bahasa Melayu
  • EV
  • Contribute
  • Advertise
Menu
  • Tech
    • News
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Buyer’s Guide
  • Opinions
  • Digital Life
  • Video
  • Deals
  • How-To
  • Cars
  • Bahasa Melayu
  • EV
  • Contribute
  • Advertise
Search
Close
Home News

Huawei’s international smartphone sales plummet after U.S. ban

  • BY Amin Ashaari
  • 20 June 2019
  • 2:23 pm
  • Comment
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Huawei’s international smartphone sales have dropped a whopping 40% since the U.S. imposed restrictions on the Chinese technology giant last month. The decline in sales could result is a reduction of 40 to 60 million devices shipped this year. However, Huawei noted that sales of its devices in China remain strong.

But still, the shortfall is expected to take a huge toll on Huawei’s revenue. The company’s founder and CEO, Ren Zhengfei cautioned that the restrictions, set about by the trade war between China and the U.S., will take US$30 billion off its top-line over the next two years.

This year alone, Huawei is expecting revenue to drop to about US$100 billion from US$107 billion last year. Prior to the restrictions, Huawei forecasted a revenue growth of 15 to 25% for 2019.

Ren was speaking at a panel discussion at its headquarters in Shenzhen.

Despite this, Ren remains confident his company will regain its momentum. “By 2020 we will start to regain our growth momentum. We will do a lot of switching over and will take time to ramp up, but after that we will be stronger,” he said.

Ren also said that the company will continue to invest in R&D with plans to “reinvent” itself.

Not the worst

While the next few months will be challenging for Huawei, Ren said the situation is not the worst that the company had to face. He acknowledges that there will be some companies will be cautious about working with Huawei but said there is no way Huawei “can be beaten to death”. “When we were founded, times were much more difficult,” he said.

[via]

Tags: HuaweiRen Zhengfei
Amin Ashaari

Amin Ashaari

POPULAR

Huawei’s international smartphone sales plummet after U.S. ban

June 20, 2019
Rear view of the OPPO Find X9 Ultra in Tundra Umber standing vertically on a stone surface with a lush green bokeh background. The device features an eco-friendly vegan leather back with a classic stitching design , vertically oriented Hasselblad and OPPO logos , and a large circular Master Lens camera module with a bronze-toned knurled ring.

Clearing Every Expectation: How the OPPO Find X9 Ultra Redefines the Modern Flagship Experience

April 16, 2026

SoyaCincau x Dongfeng Pop Up EV Clinic: Track Edition 2026: Chase a podium or cruise with friends; we’re opening the grid to everyone

May 13, 2026

Volvo EX30 owners affected by recall told not to charge above 70% following two fire incidents in Thailand

May 19, 2026
BYD Inokom Visit - May 2026

BYD is here to stay in Malaysia: CKD with Sime Motors set to happen soon?

May 18, 2026

Sarawak’s Batang Lupar 1 Bridge: Malaysia’s longest river-crossing bridge opens today

May 21, 2026

Copyright © 2025 · SoyaCincau.com
Mind Blow Sdn Bhd (1076827-P)

  • ADVERTISE
  • DISCLAIMER

Copyright © 2026 · SoyaCincau.com – Mind Blow Sdn Bhd (1076827-P)

  • ADVERTISE
  • DISCLAIMER