CelcomDigi has clarified that existing Celcom and Digi Postpaid customers on eligible RM90/month plans and above will continue to enjoy free 5G access until further notice. The RM10/month 5G access charge is only applicable for its lower-tier plans such as Digi Postpaid 40 and Xpax Postpaid 40.
As reported earlier, both Celcom and Digi websites mentioned the RM10/month fee for their high-tier Postpaid plans such as Celcom Mega 98 and Digi Postpaid 90. The same table mentioned that the promotional offer is valid until 2nd October 2023.
After publishing the post, CelcomDigi has reached out to us saying that customers on Celcom Mega 98 and Digi Postpaid 90 plans and above, will continue to enjoy free 5G access beyond 2nd October 2023. They clarified that the promotional offer is only for the “5G Booster with extra data” which is valid until 2nd October 2023.
At the time of writing, CelcomDigi has updated its Digi 5G page which no longer shows the “RM10/month” price for Postpaid 90, 120, 150 and Family Unlimited. For greater clarity, it has also updated the fine print which states “Extra Internet offer is valid until 2nd October 2023”.
According to their website, the standard offer for 5G Booster with extra data is RM20/month for 20GB. With the current promotional offer, the low-tier plans (Postpaid 40, Family 20, 30, 45) can get 30GB for RM20/month while Postpaid 60 can get 60GB for RM10/month. Meanwhile, the higher-tier Postpaid 90, 120, 150 and Family Unlimited can add 90GB of data for only RM10/month.
- Why Malaysian telcos are charging “DNB tax” for 5G? Fahmi to meet telcos to find out
- Customers paying “DNB Tax” for 5G? Here’s DNB’s response
- CelcomDigi’s network modernisation plans are on track, over 50Mbps download speed on merged network
- Digi Postpaid 60 now offers 80GB 4G data or 50GB data with 5G access for only RM60/month
- Digi Prepaid Next 5G: 45GB 5G data, unlimited calls and 10GB hotspot for RM48/month