Maxis has finally entered the 5G era today after its shareholders agree to sign the 5G access agreement with Digital Nasional Berhad (DNB). The telco has since launched new 5G plans across its Postpaid and Prepaid lineup but if you are reluctant to switch to the new plans, Maxis is currently offering free 5G access for 30 days.
Hence, customers can have hands-on experience with 5G without any extra cost before deciding whether they want to have the feature permanently. All they need to do is subscribe to the 5G Access Pass via the Maxis (Apple AppStore, Google Play Store, Huawei App Gallery) or Hotlink (Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Huawei App Gallery) app by 15 September 2023. Take note that all usage on 5G will utilise your plans’ current data quota.
For Postpaid customers, here are the plans that are eligible for the 5G Access pass:
- Hotlink Postpaid 30, 40 and 60
- Maxis Postpaid 68, 98, 108, 128, 158, 188
- Maxis Postpaid Share 48
- Maxis Family Plan 299, 399, 499
- Maxis Family Plan Member and Additional Member 48
Aside from that, you also have to make sure that there is no overdue bill. For Hotlink Prepaid customers, the 5G Access pass is available for all plans.
However, Postpaid customers must take note that the 5G Access Pass will auto-renew at the beginning of their next billing cycle. Once the first month is over, you then have to pay RM10 per month for it.
This is something that the Prepaid customers don’t have to worry about as their 5G Access Pass will not renew automatically. If they want to continue using 5G, they can subscribe to the pass at the same monthly rate of RM10 per month.
In order to enjoy 5G, you’ll need a 5G phone, 5G-enabled plan and also be within Digital Nasional Berhad’s 5G coverage areas.
- Maxis 5G: New 5G Postpaid plans start from RM79/month with 120GB of 5G data
- Hotlink 5G: New 5G Prepaid plans start from RM3/day with 3GB, up to RM60/month with 100GB 5G data
- Maxis 5G: How to get 5G and should you upgrade to newer 5G postpaid and prepaid plans?
- Due to lack of alternatives, Maxis will sign 5G access agreement with DNB