The Nothing Phone (1) is probably the most talked about smartphone in the past month and it’s already available in Malaysia since 1st August. If you’re going to buy a smartphone, the biggest concern is the availability of official local service centres just in case if there are defects or issues that needs to be fixed.
Nothing Malaysia has finally revealed its list of collection points under its Service Centre page on their website where you can send your Phone (1) in for servicing or warranty claims.
There are a total of seven collection points throughout Malaysia and here’s the full list:
- Kuala Lumpur – Zitron Central: 11th Floor, Office Tower, Menara Cosway, Plaza Berjaya, Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
- George Town – Zitron Penang: 2A, 1ST FLOOR, BROWN ROAD, 10350 PENANG
- Ipoh – Zitron Perak: 26A, PERSIARAN GREENTOWN 1, PUSAT PERDAGANGAN GREENTOWN,30450 IPOH, PERAK
- Johor Bahru – Zitron Johor: LEVEL 15A, MENARA PELANGI, NO.2, JALAN KUNING, TAMAN PELANGI, 80400 JOHOR BAHRU
- Kota Kinabalu – Zitron Sabah: SUITES E11,6TH FLOOR CPS TOWER, CENTRE POINT SABAH, NO1 JALAN CENTRE POINT, 88000 KOTA KINABALU,SABAH
- Kuching – Zitron Sarawak: 6TH FLOOR, WISMA NAIM LOT 3064, BLOCK 10,JALAN ROCK, 93200 KUCHING,SARAWAK
- Kuantan – Zitron Kuantan: LOT NO.11-4, B & C, TINGKAT 11, MENAR ZENITH, JALAN PUTRS SQUARE 6, 25200, KUANTAN, PAHANG
The locations are essentially Zitron outlets and they are the official distributor for Nothing Phone (1) in Malaysia. According to the listed business hours, the Zitron centres are closed on Saturday, Sunday and designated holidays.
If you’ve pre-ordered the Phone (1) between 25th to 31st July 2022, some resellers had offered additional freebies which include extra Nothing Phone (1) accessories, 1 year extended warranty and 6 months screen crack warranty. The Nothing Phone (1) with 8GB RAM + 256GB storage is officially priced at RM2,399. Meanwhile, the higher 12GB RAM + 256GB storage option will be released later for RM2,699.
To recap, the Phone (1) is Nothing’s second product after releasing its Ear (1) wireless earbuds. It is a unique-looking mid-range phone that features a 6.55″ Full HD+ 120Hz OLED display and it runs on a Snapdragon 778G+ processor. The rear gets an illuminated Glyph interface and two 50MP cameras for main and ultra-wide-angle shots.
There’s no IP67 or 68-rated water resistance but you do get stereo speakers and a decent 4,500mAh battery capacity. It supports 33W fast wired charging as well as 15W wireless charging. Out of the box, the Phone (1) runs on Android 12 with Nothing OS interface. Nothing promises to offer 3 years of major OS updates and 4 years of security updates for the smartphone.
[ SOURCE ]