TikTok user Carli B shared her experience of swallowing an AirPod, mistaking it for a painkiller. After swallowing the AirPod, she sent a voice message to a friend. Little did she know that the message would be recorded by the AirPod still stuck in her body. She then uploaded a video of the voice message for all of us to hear. You can watch the video by clicking here.
@iamcarliiib Reply to @k4yb3e here’s the VOICE MEMO sent to @jelb0_ ♬ original sound – Carli B
The conversation with her friend was hilarious, and even included Apple’s ducking infamous auto-correct mistakes.
You might think, “How could she mistake an AirPod for a pill?”, and that would be a valid question. She was holding her painkiller on one hand, and an AirPod in the other. The pill in question was a 1.9cm long Ibuprofen 800mg (8I), which is quite large compared to the 200mg dose you would get over the counter.
The AirPod, on the other hand, seems to be from an AirPods Pro, given the tips shown in this video. It’s interesting to think about which AirPods model would be the easiest to swallow. My guess would be the new AirPods 3, as it’s nice and compact like the Pro, but without the protruding buds that could get stuck in your esophagus.
Thankfully, she went for an x-ray and found out that she passed the AirPod. Hurrah! She explicitly told her audience that she did not retrieve the AirPod. Carli B was also able to track the individual AirPods to confirm her suspicion, thanks to Apple’s Find My AirPods implementation.
This surprisingly isn’t the first time someone has swallowed an AirPod. According to Tech Times, a man in Massachusetts swallowed one in his sleep earlier this year. Two years ago, both a man from Taiwan and a seven-year-old boy accidentally swallowed AirPods. As silly as it sounds, maybe Apple should provide a warning on the AirPods to prevent this from happening again. This could be especially dangerous as the battery inside the bud might be hazardous to our health when ingested.
[ SOURCE, ]