Sabah Health Dept: Viral video claiming teens in Lahad Datu died after vaccination is fake news

Contrary to social media allegations, no teenager in Lahad Datu died after being injected with the COVID-19 vaccine, Sabah Health director Dr Rose Nani Mudin said today.

She said the Lahad Datu health office had no records of any incident as claimed in a video that has been widely shared on social media platforms and said a police report on the matter has been filed.

“We have lodged a police report over the claim,” she said in a statement on the department’s Facebook page.

“The claims in the video can create panic and worry among the people, particularly parents and teenagers who are due to be inoculated for COVID-19. The state health department is pleading with the public not to be influenced by such claims on the vaccine which has no basis,” she added.

Source: Sabah Health Department

Dr Rose said those with questions about the vaccine may contact the Health Department hotline at 019-605-1196.

She said roughly 90 per cent of COVID-19 patients in hospital intensive care wards had not been vaccinated.

She stressed that vaccines have been proven to prevent severe symptoms among infected patients, and even death.

A video just under two minutes long has been circulating on social media recently after the government opened up COVID-19 vaccination for adolescents earlier this month in preparation for the reopening of schools.

In the video, a woman who is surrounded by a group of people criticises the inoculation drive and claims that several teens in Lahad Datu and Ipoh have died after being injected with the COVID-19 vaccine.

Sabah was among the first states to begin inoculating adolescents between 12 and 17. The programme started on September 16.

The state’s adult vaccination that began earlier is estimated at 60 per cent to date and appears to have slowed down in recent weeks. —  Malay Mail

Recent Posts

DC Handal deploys 50kW DC and 22kW AC charge points at Plaza Mont Kiara

Visitors heading to Plaza Mont Kiara can now charge up their EV with the latest…

7 hours ago

EVPower deploys 30kW DC and 22kW AC charge points at IJN, now 50% off for limited time

EVPower has turned on a total of 4x EV Charge Points at Institut Jantung Negara…

8 hours ago

Poco Pad C1 launched in Malaysia, priced from RM549: Budget tablet with 9.7″ screen, 7,600mAh battery, Snapdragon 6s 4G Gen 2

Aside from the Poco C81 Pro, the Xiaomi sub-brand has also launched a budget tablet,…

11 hours ago

Qualcomm brings Snapdragon X2 series AI PCs to Malaysia

Qualcomm has officially unveiled its Snapdragon X2 Series platform in Malaysia. The new series expands…

11 hours ago

Poco C81 Pro now in Malaysia: Budget smartphone with 6.9″ 120Hz LCD, 6,000mAh battery, priced from RM389

Poco has launched its latest budget smartphone, the Poco C81 Pro, in Malaysia. With a…

12 hours ago

Prasarana to introduce tap-in and tap-out with credit cards and QR payments for MRT, LRT and Bus Rides

Ever wished you could just tap in with your credit card at an MRT or…

14 hours ago

This website uses cookies.