Today, ShopBack shared some numbers with us that show more than 200% growth in sales for 2019 compared to 2018, with the momentum expected to continue into 2020. According to the company, a large part of the surge is down to the popularity of “smarter” online shopping among Malaysians, with ShopBack Malaysia having over 500 partner merchants in Malaysia.
Country General Manager, Eddy Han, explained that the continued growth can also be attributed to new verticals launched, in addition to merchant partnerships”
“In 2019, we experienced a remarkable increase of 150 percent in users and over 200 percent in sales compared to 2018. This growth was boosted by the introduction of new verticals such as Online Survey and eWallet, fulled by our continued fruitful collaborations with our merchants.”
The folks over at ShopBack also shared some interesting insights with us:
- Malaysians love to shop between 2–3pm on regular days. Predictably, this trend changes during online mega sales, with more users shopping at midnight.
- The top sales festival in Malaysia is 11.11, followed by 12.12, and 9.9 sales.
- The average order value for purchases made on online marketplaces is around RM200, RM600 for travel bookings.
- Shopback users have earned more than RM60 million back in cashbacks/
- The highest accumulated cashback earnings by a single user: RM69,145.64.
Additionally, the company aims to supplement their projections for 2020 by adding more “product enhancements”. This includes an upgraded browser extension whichcan detect websites that offer cashback through ShopBack while users are searching and shopping for an item. Users will also be able to activate the cashback without going through the ShopBack Malaysia website. Something else that’s interesting is a new coupon applier function, which will let you know if there are available coupon codes online, and automatically apply the code when you checkout.
And in conjunction with ShopBack Malaysia’s 5th anniversary, there is also set to be series of offers, including a RM50,000 giveaway and more cashback vouchers of up to 100%, and a special deal for the ShopBack Button. You can look forward to:
- Up to 15% cashback from Dahmakan until 13 March 201
- Up to 18% cashback from Nike, from 20–24 February
- Up to 12% cashback from Zalora, from 21–24 February
- Up to 10.5% cashback from Agoda, from 21 February 1am–23 February 1am
- Up to 9% cashback from Trip.com, from 21–25 February.