Malaysia is steadily heading towards a cashless society, with governmental initiatives that push the adoption of eWallets outlined during the recent Budget 2020 announcement. Meanwhile, the local eWallet scene has continued to grow, which you can read about in a report here.
ShopBack, which is a rewards-based app that provides cashback on its platform, has recently announced a partnership with Touch n’ Go eWallet. The biggest takeaway at this present time is that you can get cashback whenever you reload your eWallet, even if you’re already a user of the eWallet. Interestingly, ShopBack says that they’re the first to offer this (cashback for top-ups) within the APAC region, although other options like Boost has offered cashback for certain transactions as well.
According to Eddy Han, Country General Manager of ShopBack Malaysia, the partnership has the aim of pushing eWallet adoptions amongst their users, in line with Budget 2020:
“Many ShopBack users have not started using eWallet as the payment option for their online purchases with our partners i.e. Taobao and Lazada. Under this partnership, we’ll be supporting TNG Digital by providing cashback incentives and encouraging the usage of eWallet via marketing campaigns.”
There are 2 cashback incentives for Touch n’ Go eWallet users that use the ShopBack app to reload:
- New Touch n’ Go eWallet users who register and reload (minimum of RM10) via the ShopBack app will receive a cashback of RM10 up till the 11th of November. After the 11th of November, the cashback will be RM9.
- Existing users who top up their eWallet (minimum of RM10) via ShopBack will be entitled to a RM3 cashback every calendar month.
In addition to that, the ShopBack platform also has a number of offers for the 11.11 sale, including:
- Taobao (up to 30% from 1–11 November)
- Lazada (double cashback—up to 20% from 6pm–8pm on 11 November)
- Zalora (up to 15% from 8–12 November)
- Nike (15% on 11 November)
- Lenovo (14% from 10–11 November)
- Booking.com (9% from 8–11 November)
- Klook (up to 7.5% on 11 November)
Editor’s Note: The article has been amended to include cashback details that we have received from ShopBack.