SoyaCincau.com is one of the most influential tech sites in Malaysia, with a reputation of producing quality, unbiased content…and we’re hiring! If you’re looking for a challenging and fast-paced environment that’s also fun and friendly, this is the best place to be.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, inquisitive and investigative people with a passion for excellence and a flair for telling interesting stories to grow our site with us.
Writer & Associate Social Media Manager (1 position)
If you’re independent, fast, smart and have a knack for creating stories that people talk about on social media, this is the job for you.
- Research and cover stories such as launch events, media briefings, video scripts or product reviews
- Look beyond the headline to generate ideas for new features and video scripts on a regular basis
- Plan and schedule content for our social media assets and identify trending social stories that are relevant to our audience
- Work with the team to improve existing content and coverage
- Manage and run SoyaCincau.com social media assets. Drive increase in engagement, followers, and site referrals
- Establish social media publishing best practices and work closely with editorial team to create shareable stories and engaging social media posts
- Analyse data to inform best practices for each of our different social audiences
- 1-2 years relevant social media management experience at a publication, agency, or brand
- Confident with a strong knowledge in tech, trends, popular culture and everything interesting
- Fantastic organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time. Respects deadlines
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to confidently produce creative ideas and angles, and craft well-ordered, thoughtful, compelling arguments
- Strong reporting skills, including an understanding of fact-checking, journalistic ethics, and report structure with incredible attention to detail and intolerance for errors
- The ability to write both concise, punchy short takes on developing news, and ambitious long-form features
- Extensive knowledge of all mainstream and upcoming social media platforms, especially: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Video editing, design, photography skills are considered advantageous
Video Producer & Editor (1 position) Position filled
We’re looking for a fast, bold and creative video person that can take video content at SoyaCincau.com to the next level.
- Help organize and coordinate shoots
- Shoot beautiful videos for the team while also develop your own video story ideas
- Look for the stories beyond the obvious or easy. Strive for originality and substance. Passionate about telling stories through video and tenacious about pushing your work to the next level
- Publish video stories for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram on a regular basis. You have a knack for writing and are a wordsmith and work with the editorial team on scripts
- Research, hunt and gather story ideas and trends in our space.
- Work with tight deadlines but don’t sacrifice attention to details and precision
- Work very well using Adobe Premiere and proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud. Create clean yet dynamic aesthetics and editing
- 3+ years of professional experience in video producing and editing
- Background in nonfiction storytelling, journalism, writing, blogging
- Proven experience using social video to grow Facebook and Instagram accounts. Experience in publishing and managing video content in a live environment like Facebook Live and Instagram Live
- Expert in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
- Motion graphics and animation experience a plus
- Enjoy using Facebook and Instagram to tell stories
- Can use your phone to shoot and create engaging social video and Instagram stories
Assistant Sales Manager (1 position. Commision basis)
We’re looking for a driven, enthusiastic and passionate go-getter to help achieve our growth ambitions in the years to come.
- Identify sales opportunities
- Build a good rapport with clients and agencies to help identify opportunities and achieve or exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Work with the sales leads to track and forecast revenue. Identify plans to drive sales further
- Prepare regular sales reports
- Goal oriented and up for a challenge.
- Extensive digital sales experience and with good network within the industry
- Track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships and understanding customer needs
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at SoyaCincau.com.
- Ability to think on your feet and ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast
We’re looking for freelancers for these positions as well. Freelancers, come submit your applications!
We’re also looking for interns in the following sections
- Social Media
- Video & Editing
Why join the SoyaCincau.com?
- Competitive compensation with allowance
- Work in an environment where you can experiment, learn, innovate and grow
- Flexible work environment with generous paid time off
Send your resume to [email protected]. Be sure to mention “Job Application” in the email subject line. In your email please also include a cover letter in your submission as well.