No, Samsung is not going to buy over BlackBerry, reports Mobile World Live.
The South Korean electronics giant Samsung has denied a Reuters report that it is in takeover talks with smartphone maker BlackBerry in a deal estimated at $7.5 billion.
“It is not true,” a Samsung representative told Korean news agencies.
BlackBerry also denied the report, saying on its website it “has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer”.
Reuters yesterday reported that executives from the two firms held discussions on a potential deal last week and that Samsung made an offer to buy BlackBerry for $13.35-15.49 per share.
The news boosted BlackBerry’s shares nearly 30% (up US$2.89) Wednesday to close at US$12.60 but fell 14% in after-hours trading after it denied the report.
So where does that put BlackBerry?
CEO, John Chen says the company is “no longer in financial trouble” a year after he took the helm. But Chen acknowledges that there is still a lot of work to do in a company that was once the leader in mobile communications.
Gentari has released a statement to address the recent discounted Gentari Go EV charging service…
Want to convert almost any TV with an HDMI port into a Google TV? Xiaomi…
Sony has introduced the Sony WF-1000XM6 in Malaysia, its latest flagship truly wireless earbuds under…
More than a year after it was first previewed at the KL International Mobility Show…
Google has officially announced its latest smartphone, the Pixel 10a. The new model joined other…
Ahead of the Chinese New Year holiday, Gentari has upgraded its existing EV charging station…
This website uses cookies.