The Galaxy S II isn’t the only one getting a helpful serving for Jelly Bean today. If you’re using a Galaxy S III, there’s a leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM for you too.
Samsung has announced that the official 4.1.2 update for the Galaxy S III will be available sometime in December but if you can’t wait till then, this leaked ROM could be what you’re looking for. Obviously, this ROM is still considered a testing version but like the leaked ROM for the Galaxy S II, many have reported that it is stable enough for daily use.
The 4.1.2 update comes with a bundle of great features first seen on the Galaxy Note II including:
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
- Smart Rotation (in addition to Smart Stay, locks screen orientation depending on the position of your eyes)
- Continuous Input (Keyboard input similar to Swype)
- Paper Artist App
- New Gallery App similar to the one in the Note II
Head over to after the jump for the download link on where you can get the leaked ROM and also update instructions and warnings from the people at SamMobile.
Repost from SamMobile.
We want to give you BIG warnings if you want to test this firmware. We have repackaged this firmware into an ODIN Flashable firmware ourselves from the dump files we took from Saturn’s device. This Firmware is already pre-rooted as Saturn had rooted his device before we knew that he had this new TEST Firmware. This firmware will increase your binary counter, if you don’t know what this means then don’t flash this firmware. This Firmware will also change your device status to Modified. This firmware doesn’t contain any Modem so the Modem you are using before flashing this firmware will remain. This is a PRE-RELEASE version so not official from KIES. As this is a PRE-RELEASE firmware so expect some minor bugs.
We have FULLY TESTED this firmware and this firmware works perfectly as any other official firmware.
I9300XXELK4 Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – JZO54K (Jelly Bean)
Region: Middle East
Build Date: 8th November 2012
– Unzip the file
– Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
– Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
– Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
– Add I9300XXELK4_I9300OJKELK5_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
– Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
– Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.