Earlier on, a Samsung Galaxy S III owner alleged that his newly bought device suddenly exploded while charging in his car. Obviously news of an exploding flagship phone would spread like wild fire. Samsung in the other hand has taken the issue very seriously and they had launched a thorough investigation.
To find out what’s the main cause, Samsung had commissioned Fire Investigations UK (FIUK) to examine the device. It was later determined that the energy source of the heat came externally and it wasn’t from the device itself. The main highlight is that the only possible way to reproduce such damage if it was placed within a domestic microwave.
After the findings were make known, the purported owner had posted in the same forum where he first posted that he retracted all statements against Samsung over the “exploding” issue. He added on that damage was caused by someone else as an attempt to dry off his Galaxy S III that has gotten wet. The FIUK report had also questioned the missing moisture detection patch which is often phone internally.
Hopefully that clears up the rumours of exploding Galaxy S III. You can read the full details over at Samsung Tomorrow Blog.