UPDATE: Motorola staff refuted exploding phone claims. Read about it here.
Aron Embry had a nasty incident with his 2 day old Motorola Droid 2. While hanging up on a call, he suddenly heard a loud pop and felt something flowing down his face. It was then he realised that his Moto Droid 2 had burst part of the front screen and he started bleeding. Lucky for him, he suffered no hearing loss but had to receive four stitches on the ear. Meanwhile, the culprit device surprisingly still works and doesn’t seem to show any problems on the internal hardware.
We have heard about exploding phones especially when being used during charge. Most of these incidents were blamed on uncertified phones or unlicensed 3rd party batteries. However this certainly raised eyebrows as its a brand new device coming from a well to do maker like Motorola. Motorola is taking this seriously and had issued the following statement:
Motorola’s priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly.
Check out the full video after the jump.