If you’re looking to treat yourself to an iPhone 12 on 13 November, you could still use a little extra cash. Compasia’s app Instacash can be used to help you do that, and will give you extra perks if you’re trading in an iPhone 11.
The Instacash app is currently a promotion until 30 November that will give up to 50% buy-back guarantee on all iPhone 11 phones. According to Compasia, you can also receive an extra RM50 on top of your 50% guarantee from an Apple Reseller like Switch, Machines, ITWorld, or Mac City.
However, the extra RM50 promotion is only valid until 13 November via online trade in. The terms also include that you have to include the original accessories as well as the box during the trade in to get the extra RM50.
But whether or not you want to trade in your iPhone 11 or any other phone, you can still use the Instacash app to get some money without even needing to leave your house. Here’s how to do it.
- Download the Instacash app (iOS, Android)
- Log in using either your telephone number, with a Google account, or your Apple account
- You’ll automatically get an estimated quote for the phone you downloaded the app
- Press on “Run Diagnostics”
- Follow their instructions to help the app check your phone’s diagnostics. This can include screen calibration, proximity sensors, hardware buttons, camera and Wifi/Bluetooth checks
- Answer a short questionnaire about your phone’s outer condition
- You’ll get a quotation based on the test and questionnaire
- You’ll also get a report based on the product details (above)
- Proceed to Summary where you can enter a promo code if you have one, or choose to donate RM100 to the World Wide Fund
- Proceed to Payment Mode, and press Other to get an extra RM50 off
- Press on your choice of reseller (it doesn’t really matter what you pick, as a customer service representative will contact you to ask you about how you want to proceed)
- Press Next to confirm your order
- You’ll get a text and email informing you that Instacash will be contacting you
My trade in price was pretty okay, considering that they promised up to 50% trade in value. I initially bought my 128 GB iPhone 11 at around RM3,400 this year, so them promising up to RM1800 if I had my phone in perfect condition seems pretty fair.
A 128GB iPhone 12 costs RM4,099. With the RM1,508 I would get from the trade in, I would need to pay an additional RM2,591 to make the switch. Machines would be able to offer me a higher value of up to RM2,135 for my current iPhone 11. But then I wouldn’t be able to just stay at home and let them come pick my phone up for me—like how Instacash promises.
Getting information from just the app itself might not be enough, though, as I was a little confused when I first “confirmed” my order. But not too long after that (about a couple hours), a customer representative contacted me to ask how I’d like to proceed.
This is where you could tell them if I wanted cash, or if you’d like to trade it in for an iPhone 12. You could also ask the representative for options of different Apple Resellers, or and you can even cancel the trade if you need to with no questions asked.
Before you even start the process with the Instacash app, I suggest that you visit their website for more information. You can find a little more detail about their promotions, and you’re able to get in touch with the folks at Instacash to ask any questions. Alternatively, you can call their customer service hotline at +603-7931 3417 between 9.00am – 6.00pm on weekdays.
Personally, I don’t think it’s worth it to switch to an iPhone 12 if you have an iPhone 11—even with it’s extra perks. It might be more worth your while if you trade in an older iPhone with the app, and I might just do that for the next phone I’ll get.
If you’d rather not trade anything but would like a great deal on smartphones, we’ve posted a live blog of the best deals you can get during the 11.11 sale. Tech deals from both Lazada and Shopee will be listed according to category, and the latest items will be added at the bottom.