MYTV, MERS 999 and World Cup TV rights among 101 direct tender projects under PH

Finance Minister Tengku Zafrul has shared the full list of projects that were claimed to be awarded through direct negotiations by the previous Pakatan Harapan administration. The minister had told Parliament on Monday that a total of 101 projects valued at RM6.61 billion were approved by the Ministry of Finance.

The biggest allocation is for the Ministry of Transportation with a total of 4 projects valued at RM4.5 billion. The Ministry of Communications and Multimedia has a total of 12 projects valued at RM380 million.

The biggest deal awarded under the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia is to MYTV Broadcasting Sdn Bhd with an allocation of RM254,400,000. This is for the rental of multiplexers along with digital TV broadcast infrastructure and facilities for a period of 3 years. Malaysia had switched from analogue to digital TV broadcast in November 2019.

Next is managed operations and maintenance of Malaysian Emergency Response Services MERS 999 by Telekom Malaysia for the year 2019 with an allocation of RM94,000,000.

The third highest direct-tender deal under the ministry is for the 2018 World Cup Russia Broadcast rights. Sports Media & Distributor Sdn Bhd was given an allocation of RM29,900,000 for this purpose. In case you missed it, RTM had the rights to broadcast 41 matches on free-to-air with 28 shown live while 13 are delayed.

The remaining direct-tender procurements under the ministry are mostly for events, equipment rental and advertising. The allocation with the least amount is RM25,000 for a half page ad on Focus Magazine and to attend a negotiation meeting with Eleventh Pictures Peg.

You can check out the full list of 101 tender projects below. The projects under the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia are items #19 to #30.

On Monday, Tengku Zafrul said that procurement via direct negotiations can be implemented if it is an urgent requirement which could affect government services and interest. Former Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng has said that tenders via direct negotiations had been discussed by the Cabinet. However, Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali said that the matter was never discussed as claimed.

[ SOURCE ]

Recent Posts

DC Handal deploys 50kW DC and 22kW AC charge points at Plaza Mont Kiara

Visitors heading to Plaza Mont Kiara can now charge up their EV with the latest…

6 hours ago

EVPower deploys 30kW DC and 22kW AC charge points at IJN, now 50% off for limited time

EVPower has turned on a total of 4x EV Charge Points at Institut Jantung Negara…

7 hours ago

Poco Pad C1 launched in Malaysia, priced from RM549: Budget tablet with 9.7″ screen, 7,600mAh battery, Snapdragon 6s 4G Gen 2

Aside from the Poco C81 Pro, the Xiaomi sub-brand has also launched a budget tablet,…

10 hours ago

Qualcomm brings Snapdragon X2 series AI PCs to Malaysia

Qualcomm has officially unveiled its Snapdragon X2 Series platform in Malaysia. The new series expands…

10 hours ago

Poco C81 Pro now in Malaysia: Budget smartphone with 6.9″ 120Hz LCD, 6,000mAh battery, priced from RM389

Poco has launched its latest budget smartphone, the Poco C81 Pro, in Malaysia. With a…

11 hours ago

Prasarana to introduce tap-in and tap-out with credit cards and QR payments for MRT, LRT and Bus Rides

Ever wished you could just tap in with your credit card at an MRT or…

13 hours ago

This website uses cookies.