• 中文版
  • BM
  • News
  • Deals
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Tech
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • Tune Talk
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Cars
  • Contribute
  • Jobs
Menu
  • 中文版
  • BM
  • News
  • Deals
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Tech
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • Tune Talk
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Cars
  • Contribute
  • Jobs
Search
  • Tech
    • News
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Buyer’s Guide
  • Opinions
  • Digital Life
  • Video
  • Deals
  • How-To
  • Cars
  • Bahasa Melayu
  • EV
  • Contribute
  • Advertise
Menu
  • Tech
    • News
    • Mobile
    • Computers
    • Cameras
    • Wearables
    • Audio
    • Drones
  • Telco
    • Celcom
    • Digi
    • Maxis
    • Time
    • U Mobile
    • Unifi
    • Yes
  • Reviews
    • First Impressions
    • Hands-on
    • Comparisons
  • Buyer’s Guide
  • Opinions
  • Digital Life
  • Video
  • Deals
  • How-To
  • Cars
  • Bahasa Melayu
  • EV
  • Contribute
  • Advertise
Search
Close
Home News

Dyson’s COVID-19 ventilators are ‘not required’ anymore in the UK

  • BY Dzamira Dzafri
  • 27 April 2020
  • 5:47 pm
  • Comment
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Dyson founder Sir James Dyson said that demand for their ventilators, which Dyson developed to help treat COVID-19 patients, had been less than first envisaged, and is no longer required. The ventilators have been undergoing clinical tests in recent days and the government had previously said it intended to order 10,000 machines.

However, Sir James told his staff that only a quarter of the available ventilators were currently being used. As a result, the government did not need to acquire as many of them, although tests on the ventilators are still ongoing.

Previously, Dyson said that the Covent can be manufactured quickly and efficiently at volume, and it is designed to address the specific needs of COVID-19 patients. Dyson was also one of many large manufacturers which responded to the call from the UK government to produce much-needed ventilators.

The NHS currently has access to nearly 11,000 ventilators, but at the same time, doctors have found less intrusive treatments can be effective in keeping patients alive. This includes a breathing aid produced by the Mercedes-AMG team.

Dyson has so far spent around GBP 20 million on the project, which was self-funded. And while its design is still undergoing clinical trials, the company insists that those trials have been going well and that the project itself will continue, as Dyson is still hoping other countries are able to make use of them.

[ SOURCE, IMAGE SOURCE ]

Related reading

Dyson’s latest product can help save lives amidst COVID-19 pandemic
Mercedes F1 team developed a breathing aid for Covid-19 patients
Tags: covid-19dysonUKventilators
Dzamira Dzafri

Dzamira Dzafri

POPULAR

Dyson’s COVID-19 ventilators are ‘not required’ anymore in the UK

April 27, 2020
Rear view of the OPPO Find X9 Ultra in Tundra Umber standing vertically on a stone surface with a lush green bokeh background. The device features an eco-friendly vegan leather back with a classic stitching design , vertically oriented Hasselblad and OPPO logos , and a large circular Master Lens camera module with a bronze-toned knurled ring.

Clearing Every Expectation: How the OPPO Find X9 Ultra Redefines the Modern Flagship Experience

April 16, 2026

SoyaCincau x Dongfeng Pop Up EV Clinic: Track Edition 2026: Chase a podium or cruise with friends; we’re opening the grid to everyone

May 13, 2026

Volvo EX30 owners affected by recall told not to charge above 70% following two fire incidents in Thailand

May 19, 2026
BYD Inokom Visit - May 2026

BYD is here to stay in Malaysia: CKD with Sime Motors set to happen soon?

May 18, 2026

Sarawak’s Batang Lupar 1 Bridge: Malaysia’s longest river-crossing bridge opens today

May 21, 2026

Copyright © 2025 · SoyaCincau.com
Mind Blow Sdn Bhd (1076827-P)

  • ADVERTISE
  • DISCLAIMER

Copyright © 2026 · SoyaCincau.com – Mind Blow Sdn Bhd (1076827-P)

  • ADVERTISE
  • DISCLAIMER