Credible journalist Casey Newton tweeted that multiple sources revealed Twitter has asked people that it had previously fired to come back after just a day. This is after Twitter’s new boss, Elon Musk, laid off half of Twitter’s employees last Friday.
“Multiple sources and Twitter Blind chats now saying that the company has begun to reach out to some people it laid off yesterday asking them to come back. Whoops!” tweeted Newton.
A companywide email was sent to Twitter employees on Thursday instructing them to go home and not go to the offices on Friday as the cuts proceeded. Later in the evening, some employees said that they had lost access to the company’s systems—a possible prelude to being laid off.
On early Friday morning, the company began to notify some employees that they had been laid off. Employees that were affected were told they would receive details on severance “within a week”.
“During this time, you will be on a Non-Working Notice period and your access to Twitter systems will be deactivated,” read the email.
Earlier, on 28 October, we reported that Elon Musk fired the Twitter CEO and two top executives almost right away after Musk’s USD 44 billion deal with Twitter was finalised. He also said he planned to get rid of nearly 75% of Twitter’s 7,500 workers.
Amongst the chaos of Twitter’s workplace situation, Twitter has also launched its controversial USD 8 Twitter Blue feature that now includes a sought-after blue check verification mark with a profile—but only for certain regions. This seemed like Musk’s priority for the platform after firing half of his Twitter employees. However, there are already plenty of flaws showing up due to his plan.
[ SOURCE, IMAGE SOURCE ]
Visitors heading to Plaza Mont Kiara can now charge up their EV with the latest…
EVPower has turned on a total of 4x EV Charge Points at Institut Jantung Negara…
Aside from the Poco C81 Pro, the Xiaomi sub-brand has also launched a budget tablet,…
Qualcomm has officially unveiled its Snapdragon X2 Series platform in Malaysia. The new series expands…
Poco has launched its latest budget smartphone, the Poco C81 Pro, in Malaysia. With a…
Ever wished you could just tap in with your credit card at an MRT or…
This website uses cookies.