Panasonic Manufacturing Malaysia Bhd today disclosed that 116 employees at its two manufacturing facilities in Shah Alam have tested positive for COVID-19.
According to Panasonic’s filing with Bursa Malaysia today, the electronics company said it would be temporarily closing the facilities from December 21 to 23 for disinfection, after being advised to do so by the Petaling district health office.
“The company had completed full screening of about 2,137 workers and employees and only 116 were found to be affected.
“The safety and well-being of our workers and employees, as well as our community, is of our utmost priority towards containing the situation,” it said.
Panasonic added that it has been conducting disinfection exercises at its premises and workers’ accommodation regularly, and will continue to adhere to COVID-19 related standard operating procedures (SOPs)
On December 1, the Malaysian government made screenings of all foreign workers mandatory in order to detect cases of COVID-19, after a rise in such cases at factories and construction sites.
Since then, the Health Ministry has been recording new workplace-related COVID-19 clusters almost daily, including three new clusters yesterday.
Malaysia currently has 95,327 confirmed cases with 438 deaths recorded so far. There are 2,018 new cases reported today and 16,496 active cases remaining. — Malay Mail
[ IMAGE SOURCE ]
Gentari has released a statement to address the recent discounted Gentari Go EV charging service…
Want to convert almost any TV with an HDMI port into a Google TV? Xiaomi…
Sony has introduced the Sony WF-1000XM6 in Malaysia, its latest flagship truly wireless earbuds under…
More than a year after it was first previewed at the KL International Mobility Show…
Google has officially announced its latest smartphone, the Pixel 10a. The new model joined other…
Ahead of the Chinese New Year holiday, Gentari has upgraded its existing EV charging station…
This website uses cookies.